Courtney Rowley is passionate about personal injury law. Courtney focuses her practice on serving people who have suffered permanent or serious injuries. She is an accomplished trial lawyer with extensive courtroom experience representing victims of serious injuries, wrongful death, traumatic brain injuries, spinal injuries and medical malpractice.
Courtney has obtained numerous seven and eight figure verdicts and settlements on behalf of her clients. She spends an immense amount of time with her clients and their family. She finds that by spending time getting to truly know her clients as human beings, she is better able to understand and translate their suffering and experience.
Courtney is the author of Trial By Woman, as well as the founder of Trial By Woman, a community of lawyers, women, mothers, and students working together to support and elevate one another in business and life. She regularly teaches seminars and puts on workshops across the country with Trial By Woman. Learn more about Trial By Woman at www.trialbywoman.com.
She is a faculty member of the Trial Lawyers College in Wyoming, a college “dedicated to training and educating lawyers and judges who are committed to the jury system and to representing and obtaining justice for individuals, the poor, the injured, the forgotten, the voiceless, the defenseless and the damned, and to protecting the rights of such people from corporate and government oppression”.—Gerry Spence’s Trial Lawyer’s College.
Courtney lectures nationally, speaking to other lawyers about trial work and finding human connection in trial.
Courtney practices with her husband, Nick Rowley, partner of Carpenter, Zuckerman and Rowley, one of the top trial lawyers in the country and author of Trial By Human, available on Trial Guides.
She lives in Ojai, California with her family.
- Soldier, Traffic Accident, Personal Injury, San Diego County, $7.5 million verdict
- Minor, Dart out, Catastrophic Injury, $18.5 million settlement
- Adult Male, Trigeminal Neuralgia, $4 million settlement
- Minor, Medical Malpractice, $16 million settlement during trial
- Minor, Traffic Accident, Brain Injury, $10 million verdict
- Minor, Traffic Accident, Brain Injury $4 million settlement
- Adult Male, Employment Discrimination against LA Times, $7 million verdict
- Mother, Medical Malpractice, $29.5 million, Orange City Iowa
- Immigrant Father, Wrongful Death, $8.1 million, Los Angeles
- Father, Wrongful Death, $14 million, Modesto California
- Mother, Back Injury, $4 million, California
Bachelors of International Relations from University of Southern Calfornia, 2004
Juris Doctor, Loyola Law School, 2007
Personal Injury, Catastrophic Injury, Medical Malpractice, TBI, Wrongful Death, Employment Discrimination
Courtney believes in teamwork to achieve justice. When it comes to taking on the insurance defense industry, Courtney believes that it is in the unification of talents that justice can be best achieved for her clients.